In this paid internship, join other New York City teens to produce Teen Nights—free events inspired by our special exhibitions. Work collaboratively to dream up, organize, and promote live music, workshops, food, and fun.
- Design, plan, and execute three free, large-scale events for New York City teens
- Meet educators, artists, and curators to learn about art, public programming, and our collections
- Promote Teen Night to teens across New York City, especially in Brooklyn
- Communicate with emerging artists and performers
- Assist with programs like Target First Saturdays
- Build and strengthen your communication, teamwork, time management, organizational, and event-planning skills
Get paid $13 per hour until December 2018, then $15 per hour starting January 2019. Second year Committee members will be paid $14 per hour until December 2018, then $16 per hour starting January 2019. Work up to 84 hours for the year!
To apply, you need to be 1) a high school student, 2) at least fourteen years old, and 3) able to commit to the work schedule below, which takes place December through May:
- Wednesdays: 4:30–6:30 pm
- Fridays: 3 Teen Nights, 4–8 pm
- Saturdays: 2 Target First Saturdays sessions, 5–9 pm
How to apply:
- Applications for 2018–19 are now closed. Please check back in June 2019 for 2019–20 applications.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to perform at Teen Night? Send us a proposal!
Interested in planning our LGBTQ Teen Night? Learn more.