Applications for 2023–24 are now closed. Check back in June 2024 for information on the 2024–25 program year.
In this paid internship, New York City teens create community programming grounded in art and activism, collaborating in program design, organizing activities, and promoting young artists who are changing the world.
Teen Night Planning Committee members:
- Learn about the social movements and political organizing efforts affecting youth today
- Meet educators, artists, and curators to learn about art, public programming, and the Brooklyn Museum’s collections
- Plan, organize, and lead free, large-scale events for New York City teens
- Activate social media to connect teens with art and current events
- Promote Teen Night and other programs to teens across New York City, especially in Brooklyn
- Connect with emerging artists and performers
- Strengthen communication, collaboration, time management, organizational, and event-planning skills
Get paid $15 per hour. Second-year Teen Night Planning Committee members serve as leaders in the program and are paid $16 per hour. Work up to 75 hours for the year! MetroCards will be provided to support weekend and evening work.
This program is open to all NYC high school students ages 14–19 and will take place in person from November 2023 through May 2024.
All Planning Committee members must be able to commit to the full work schedule:
- Wednesdays: weekly meetings, 4:30–6:30 pm
- Fridays and weekends: occasional teen staff events, field trips, and activities, to be determined
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our email list to learn more about free arts programming planned by our teen staff, and follow #bkmteens on Facebook and Instagram.
Find out more about planning our LGBTQ+ Teen Night.