In this paid internship, New York City teens create teen-led community programming grounded in art and activism, and collaboratively dream up programs, organize activities, and promote youth artists who are changing the world.
Teen Night Planning Committee members:
- Learn about the social movements and political organizing efforts affecting youth today
- Meet educators, artists, and curators to learn about art, public programming, and our collections
- Dream up, organize, and lead free, large-scale events for New York City teens
- Activate social media to connect teens with art and current events
- Promote Teen Night and other programs to teens across New York City, especially in Brooklyn
- Communicate with emerging artists and performers
- Strengthen their communication, collaboration, time management, organizational, and event-planning skills
Get paid $15 per hour. Second-year Teen Night Planning Committee members serve as leaders in the program and are paid $16 per hour. Work up to 75 hours for the year! Metrocards will be provided to support weekend and evening work.
This program is open to all NYC high school students, ages 14–19, and will take place in person from November 2022 through May 2023.
All Planning Committee members must be able to commit to the full work schedule:
- Wednesdays: Weekly meetings, 4:30–6:30 pm
- Fridays and weekends: occasional teen staff events, field trips, and activities, to be determined
How to apply:
Submit an online application, including a letter of recommendation by September 18, 2022. Letters of recommendation can be submitted by a teacher or mentor online.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our email list to learn more about free arts programming planned by our teen staff, and follow #bkmteens on Facebook and Instagram.
Interested in planning our LGBTQ+ Teen Night? Learn more.