Dates:ca. 1295-1185 B.C.E.
Dimensions: 5 1/2 x 7 5/16 x 4 1/8 in. (14 x 18.5 x 10.5 cm)
Accession Number: 71.37.1
Catalogue Description: Upper portion of a statue of a priest holding two divine standards. Hard dark greenish-brown stone. Preserved are the two heads of the standards, the priest's head and part of the inscribed back pillar. The priest wears a double-wig. The head on the standard to the right is that of Sakhmet, and the column of inscription on the back pillar behind her reads "A boon which the King gives (to Sakhmet (beloved of) Ptah." The central column of inscription, behind the head of the priest reads, "A boon which the King gives (to) Ptah, South of his Wall..." The column of text behind the other standard is missing, but the head which is human and wearing a horned and feathered crown is perhaps that of Ptah-Sokar (Osiris). On the right side of the back pillar is partially preserved a column of text in which a relative of the priest is mentioned but not named. On the priest's chest are the partial remains of two cartouches which seem to contain the name of Ramesses. Condition: Front of the priest's wig damaged; top of god's feathered crown missing; Sakhmet's sun-disk chipped. Priest's nose chipped; other chips and scratches.