Talk: Deconstructing the Artist's Persona
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Auditorium, 3rd Floor
Jennifer Blessing, Senior Curator, Photography, at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, joins other art historians to examine the construction of the artist's persona. Participants include:
- On Cindy Sherman: Johanna Burton, Director and Curator of Education and Public Engagement, New Museum
- On Claude Cahun: Tirza Latimer, Associate Professor and Chair of the Visual and Critical Studies Graduate Program, California College of the Arts
- On Andy Warhol: Richard Meyer, Robert and Ruth Halperin Professor in Art History, Stanford University
- On Frida Kahlo: Adriana Zavala, Associate Professor of Art and Art History, Tufts University
- On Georgia O’Keeffe: Wanda Corn, Professor Emerita of Art History, Stanford University, and curator of Georgia O'Keeffe: Living Modern
Tickets are $20 ($15 for Members) and include admission to Georgia O’Keeffe: Living Modern. To receive the Member discount code, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and Membership ID.
Part of A Year of Yes: Reimagining Feminism at the Brooklyn Museum.