Mujeres Rebeldes: Radical Women on Film
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Various dates and times
This film series features intimate portraits of fearless women from Latin America and the United States who dare to carve out spaces for their own liberation. Presented in conjunction with Radical Women: Latin American Art, 1960–1985, these documentary screenings highlight key issues and revolutionary women in recent Latinx history.
- April 19: Chavela (Catherine Gund and Daresha Kyi, 2017, 93 min.)
- April 28: Double Feature: La Operación (The Operation) (Ana María García, 1982, 40 min.) and No Más Bebés (No More Babies) (Renee Tajima-Peña, 2016, 55 min.)
- May 13: Double Feature: Diálogo con mi Abuela (Conversation with My Grandmother) (Gloria Rolando, 2015, 40 min.) and Las Madres de la Plaza de Mayo (The Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo) (Susana Blaustein Muñoz and Lourdes Portillo, 1985, 64 min.)
- May 26: Double Feature: Carmita (Israel Cárdenas and Laura Amelia Guzmán, 2013, 80 min.) and De Cierta Manera (One Way or Another) (Sara Gómez, 1977, 78 min.)
- June 28: Ovarian Psycos (Joanna Sokolowski and Kate Trumbull-LaValle, 2016, 72 min.)
Tickets are $10 for each event and include Museum general admission (purchase tickets for David Bowie is separately).