This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Self-Portrait in Bowler Hat (Selbstbildnis mit steifem Hut)
- Artist: Max Beckmann, German, 1884-1950
- Medium: Drypoint on laid paper
- Place Made: Germany
- Dates: 1921
- Dimensions: Image (Plate): 12 1/2 x 9 7/16 in. (31.8 x 24 cm) Sheet: 19 1/4 x 13 1/4 in. (48.9 x 33.7 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed, "Beckmann" lower right margin in pencil
- Inscriptions: Lower left in graphite: "2 Zustand, Selbst mit Hut 2i"; lower right in graphite: "Beckmann"; bottom right later addition in graphite: "Beckmann, Max, 1884-1950 GER/Self-portrait in A HAT, 1921" Verso bottom right in graphite: "64.101.350"
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 64.101.350
- State: II/IV
- Credit Line: Gift of The Louis E. Stern Foundation, Inc.
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Max Beckmann (German, 1884-1950). Self-Portrait in Bowler Hat (Selbstbildnis mit steifem Hut), 1921. Drypoint on laid paper, Image (Plate): 12 1/2 x 9 7/16 in. (31.8 x 24 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of The Louis E. Stern Foundation, Inc., 64.101.350. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)