Ladle or Shallow Pan in Form of Goose's Neck
This object may have served as a ladle or cooking pan. The graceful handle reproduces the curved neck of a goose and recalls similar forms on stone vessels and spoons of the period.
- Medium: Bronze
- Place Excavated: (Tomb D154), Abydos, Egypt
- Dates: ca. 1479-1400 B.C.E.
- Dynasty: XVIII Dynasty
- Period: New Kingdom
- Dimensions: 4 9/16 x 9 3/8 in. (11.6 x 23.8 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity, Egyptian Orientation Gallery, 3rd Floor
- Accession Number: 13.1045
- Credit Line: Gift of the Egypt Exploration Fund
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Ladle or Shallow Pan in Form of Goose's Neck, ca. 1479-1400 B.C.E. Bronze, 4 9/16 x 9 3/8 in. (11.6 x 23.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the Egypt Exploration Fund, 13.1045. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Best (82%)