Facility Rental FAQ
What kinds of events can I hold at the Museum?
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Private and corporate events such as cocktail parties and seated dinners
- Other adult celebratory occasions
- Fundraising events (but we'll need to make sure your event doesn't conflict with our fundraising activities and that no products and services will be sold)
Are there any types of events that cannot be held at the Museum?
- Art displays or exhibits
- Events for minors under 18 years of age, including children’s birthday parties and coming-of-age celebrations
- Political fundraisers
- Religious services (but we welcome your wedding/civil union ceremony)
What spaces are available for my event?
- Any of the locations on our Facility Rental webpage (but keep in mind that, because artworks might be placed or exhibited in these spaces, some locations might not be available)
When can my event be held?
- When we're closed to the public
- We're unable to provide spaces on Thursdays, Museum holidays, holiday weekends, or during the weekend of Target First Saturdays (first weekend of every month)
- At times when spaces aren't being used for exhibitions or public programs (make sure to book well in advance so that you have a better chance of securing the date you'd like!)
How much does it cost to rent space(s)?
Once you've visited us and looked at the space or spaces you're interested in, or discussed your event with our Special Events representative (if you can't make an in-person visit), we'll provide a specially tailored proposal with all estimated fees.
Do you have exclusive vendors, or can I hire my own?
If you need the following services for your event, please use these exclusive vendors:
- Our exclusive caterer, Great Performances, provides custom catering devoted to extraordinary events. Fresh, local ingredients and our fine-tuned culinary expertise are just the start. Our services draw on years of experience, a carefully built infrastructure, and tireless dedication to quality. Packages are custom designed for each event and include food, beverages, staffing, and any equipment rentals. We can connect you with a representative in the early stages of your event planning at the Museum.
- If you'll need additional or special lighting, our lighting vendor, Eventlights, Inc., must provide lighting design services, equipment, and labor.
- For any special parking arrangements you might need (e.g., valet, validation vouchers for guests), contact our representative at GGMC Parking, our parking provider that runs our outdoor parking facility adjacent to the building.
You're welcome to bring in additional vendors as long as (a) each vendor understands and follows all guidelines for facility rental, (b) you give us a list of all vendors, including contact information, in advance of your event, and (c) each vendor submits a valid Certificate of Insurance to us in advance of your event.
We're happy to provide a list of recommended vendors upon request!
Your Contact Information
- First and last name of client(s)
- Name of company/organization (if applicable)
- Name of event planning company and contact person (if applicable)
- Complete mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Event type (e.g., wedding ceremony and/or reception, fundraiser, cocktail party, seated dinner)
- Preferred event date (or preferred month and year, if your dates are flexible) and time
- Estimated number of guests
- Estimated number of hours needed for your event
Make sure to send all the information requested above. Because we receive a high volume of rental requests, we might not be able to reply to incomplete submissions.
Once we've received your request, our Special Events representative will get in touch with you to schedule an appointment for an in-person site visit. Site visits are available by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thank you for thinking of us for your event. We look forward to hearing from you!