In this paid internship, join other NYC LGBTQ+ teens to explore gender and sexuality in art, through a lens of race, class, culture, religion, nationality, and language. Work collaboratively to plan events for other LGBTQ+ youth. Have fun, explore the arts, express yourself and your identity!
- Meet educators, artists, and curators to learn about art and our collections
- Share readings and analyze representations of gender and sexuality in art and media
- Discuss topics such as feminism, sexuality, and social justice to make connections between art and our world
- Learn about LGBTQ+ social movements and LGBTQ+ artists working today
- Make art and resources expressing your own interpretation of these topics
- Dream up, organize, and promote a free, large-scale event for LGBTQ+ teens and their allies
- Communicate with community organizations and emerging artists and performers
- Assist with other Teen Events and programs, such as teen activities during Target First Saturdays
- Build your communication, critical thinking, media, and visual literacy skills
- Strengthen your sense of teamwork, time management, and responsibility
Get paid $13 per hour until December 2018, then $15 per hour starting January 2019. Second year InterseXtions members will be paid $14 per hour until December 2018, then $16 per hour starting January 2019. Work up to 82 hours for the year!
This program is open to all NYC teens, ages 14–19, who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, two-spirit, gender nonconforming, questioning, queer, intersex and/or asexual. Must be able to commit to weekly meetings on Tuesdays, from 5 to 7 pm, November through June, and occasional field trips and activities on weekends and other days, to be determined.
How to apply:
- Applications for 2018–19 are now closed. Please check back in June 2019 for 2019–20 applications.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com. Want to perform at Teen Night? Send us a proposal.