In this paid internship, NYC LGBTQ+ youth ages 14–19 explore gender and sexuality in art through an activist lens, and work collaboratively to organize programs for other LGBTQ+ youth.
Note: We are not accepting new applications for fall 2020.
Teen staff in InterseXtions:
- Learn about LGBTQ+ social movements and artists working today
- Meet educators, artists, and curators to learn about art and our collections
- Share readings and analyze issues of representation in art and media
- Discuss topics such as feminism, sexuality, and social justice to make connections between art and our world
- Make art expressing their own interpretation of these topics
- Dream up, organize, and promote a free, large-scale event for LGBTQ+ teens and their allies (virtual or in person, depending on health guidelines)
- Communicate with community organizations and emerging artists and performers
- Build affirming, joyful community spaces for other LGBTQ+ youth
- Strengthen their communication, collaboration, critical thinking, advocacy, and media literacy skills, and develop their sense of time management and responsibility
While we are unable to accept new InterseXtions members this year, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved! Join our email list to learn more about free arts programming planned by our returning teen staff, and follow #bkmteens on Facebook and Instagram. Check back in spring 2021 for updates on next year.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to perform at LGBTQ+ Teen Night? Send us a proposal.